Social Justice

Social Justice, as I understand it, is the reformation of unheard voices and the reconciliation and rectification of past wrongs.

Link to Loom

This is an assignment from my course about teaching Social Studies, and in this case, the above video is about trying to rectify a situation in my recent city of Port Alberni in terms of linking civilians, students, and the city’s indigenous community into a similar project of civil ownership. It is an ambitious project, but I am an ambitious person. What I would like to highlight, however, is the confidence in which I am able to do public speaking (particularly compared to my first semester) and my willingness to think out of the box. At the start of the first semester, I was a lot less comfortable doing, for example, a land acknowledgement or speaking on camera and now I am much more experienced in this area.

The link to the video didn’t pick up my Nuu-Chah-Nulth pronunciation. The drawings are from Patrick Amos and the crediting of his work can be found at the end of the Loom video.

One of the things I am becoming more confident about is my ability to attempt and try new things with the understanding that I will fail some of the time. The above link is my pronunciation of animals in Nuu-Chah-Nulth.