Lesson Plans

This is a link to my first lesson plan: link.

This lesson plan was my first lesson plan, and while it is a strong initial plan, there are a few things I would change if I were to do it over again. I would have expanded on the Universal Design for Learning to give students more choices. I would have expressed the Big Ideas and Core Competencies to show my thought process and how the topics were expressed in the lesson plan itself.

This is a link to my latest lesson plan: link.

This is my latest lesson plan, and I’m more confident about it. It shows a development of depth on Universal Design for Learning, First Nations Principles and Integration within the lesson, and expression of depth on the curriculum. The time period between these two lessons is about five months.

This is a link to one of my math lessons: link.

It is different from the other two lessons because it does not use the Thompson River University template. While I like the Thompson River University template with its explicitly laid out content sections, I do wish to show a ‘flexibility of thought’ in that I can express a lesson plan’s content in a few different ways.

This topic is a CGI (Cognitively Guided Instruction) lesson which is lesson that focusses more on the process rather than on the product of mathematics. It is a very intriguing and modern way of teaching math and shows lots of possibilities towards Universal Design for Learning contexts and Aboriginal Pedagogy.